Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Go Green

I couldn't help myself, I fell in love with this print the moment I saw it. Maybe because of its statement or maybe because of the colors, I'm not entirely sure. All I know is that I like it and had to buy it.


I'm sure there are countless other patterns that would have been suitable for the print, but I chose the Morgan's Bag pattern just because.

I really like the Morgan's Bag pattern and highly recommend it. The hardest part of the pattern is the handles and only because my machine seemed to struggle with the thickness of it( I really should use my old Singer for these type of projects). Other than that, the pattern is straight forward and takes no time at all to complete. I would say it took me 3 hours from start to finish to complete the bag.

Here are the changes I made:

-decreased the entire bag by 2". The original size was a behemoth bag, as my friend would have said "you could fit a small child into it!"

-altered the construction of the lining because the instructions had you do a rather difficult and unnecessary way of making it.

-made the lining piece 3/4" smaller than the outer layer because in the original instructions, the lining is the same size and I ended up having to hide the excess in a seam (not as pretty).

The fabric weight I used for this bag is heavier than the common quilt cotton fabric. This print does come in a lighter quilt cotton weight. The fabric for the pocket is a Michael Miller fabric of quilt cotton weight that I used interfacing to add stability and strength.

0 comments:

Post a Comment