Thursday, October 15, 2009

Argggh, me hearty's

Did some sewing while I enjoyed the final episodes of Legend of the Seeker. Finally finished my son's pirate costume. All together it took about 5 hours to complete start to finish. The hardest part was the vest. This is my first time using polyester fabric and it was a pain. The fabric was so slippery and my needles weren't sharp enough so my machine and my serger kept struggling. I also purchased, in haste, a gold fabric from Walmart to use as the scarf around his waist. Wear sparingly as the gold flecks in the fabric come off with the slightest touch.


Overall the pattern was very easy to make with easy ways to adjust to your child's size. For both this costume and that of my daughter's I spent $15 on the fabrics (not including needles, thread, and interfacing because I have those things already). Most or the fabrics were purchased at Walmart. This is a Halloween costume, after all, and my sole purpose was to make a costume for less than I could buy it for.

Patterned use is: McCall's M4852 Size 5

0 comments:

Post a Comment