Thursday, November 17, 2011

Pumpkin Pie

My son kept asking if we could bake a pumpkin pie, so after the last of 3 exams in a row K and I rolled our sleeves up and hit the kitchen with a rolling pin and a whisk in hand.

I was in charge of the pie crust. I love King Arthur Flour's Perfect Pastry Blend. It is fail-proof and absolutely delicious.


Once the crust was made it was up to K to put the rest of the pie together. He followed the recipe directions perfectly, with minimal help from me (we used the pumpkin pie recipe on the Libby brand pumpkin can).

While we waited for the pie to bake, K was able to get his homework done.

Once the pie cooled (which seemed like days) we cut the perfect pie. We didn't have whip cream so we enjoyed our treat with scoops of vanilla ice cream.



I love baking with my son. It's a great way for us to spend time together and he feels accomplished when he is able to feast on the food his hands prepared.

0 comments:

Post a Comment